Training in the Tablelands
Geographic information system (GIS) allows us to use geographical (a.k.a. spatial) data to achieve many different goals. The use of GIS is universal – regardless of the niche you are in, you can use it to identify certain patterns and adjust your actions accordingly.
However, using GIS properly is not as simple as it may seem. There are many questions to answer and many potential mistakes that can be made. Before even collecting the data, you need to know where to look. You also need to estimate if you are going to be able to collect the data on time. Once you have collected and entered the data, you need to be able to check if you have done it correctly. Then you need to perform various analysis in order to obtain knowledge from the collected data. Creating a map in a proper way is also very complex task – you need to choose a proper background, decide what to show on the map, decide if the layout is clear, identifying the print size, defining your audience, and so on.
That is where we step in. We have a vast experience in working with spatial data and will be happy to heput that experience at your disposal, helping you avoid errors while working with GIS.
Portfolio our GIS skill set has been used in a wide variety of projects such as
- Town Planning
- Disaster Management (1 project received the 2013 GITA Spatial Enablement Award for the council)
- Fire management
- Data restructuring
- Conservation planning (1 project received the 2008 UNDP Equator Initiative award for the conservation organisation)
Enabling Technology - Internet, hardware and software.
these are all powerful business tools. We will enable you to use complex and constantly-evolving technology easily and effectively.
We will walk you through the entire process step by step – from defining your goals and setting up the strategy, to handling equipment, gathering data, and conducting fieldwork. Our team have acquired vast experience in this field, working on numerous projects over the years.
Portfolio our skills have been used in multiple projects such as
- We are part of the team (Pak Yak) that is building an app for active team chat with Venture Capital funds. The app won the inaugural 2014 Cairns Startup Weekend.
- We initiated ShareMatey (now ShareStuff) a site for people to share stuff and help reduce consumption. The concept won the 2nd 2014 Cairn Startup Weekend.
- We are working as consultants for Mulungu Aboriginal Corporation and Destiny Inc. The work focused on developing IT strategies.
- We are taking organisations on to the cloud so that there business processes can improved.
- From 1998 to 2002, we owned and ran a media design and production company, Enigma (Pvt) Ltd. We helped 35 (including 3 of the top-ten) corporations in Sri Lanka develop new media campaigns.
Our aim and experience is in serving as a link between communities and travelers so that the experience is a Social, Memorable and really Responsible Tour (SMaRT).
See our portfolio for details on relevant projects from 2000 to date.